Home >> Breaking News,National >> Army Unveils Mobil Strike Force
Army Unveils Mobil Strike Force

The Nigerian army has launched a special mobile strike force as one of the new approaches evolved by the military to end insurgency and enhance security network in the region.

Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru disclosed that soldiers deployed to the force were exposed to modern terrorism combat techniques to enable them to crush the insurgents In a renewed onslaught against Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East.

Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, made the announcement on Tuesday at the inauguration of the force at Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri.

He said “The mobile strike Force (MST) is launched to deny the insurgents freedom of action and finally decimate them”.

The strike force has been tasked to be resolute, disciplined and determined to achieve victory in the campaign. He urged them to be guided by their professional ethics to enable them win the war against the insurgents.

He told the soldiers that successful campaign against the insurgents would have indelible mark in the history of counter-insurgency campaign in the North-East. The army in the past two months have intensified its campaign against the insurgents, dozens of insurgents had been killed and arrested while a bomb factory in Borno was destroyed.

The Nigerian Army has also announced that any complaints by civilians against army personnel regarding human rights abuse would be dealt with promptly. Solomon Kumapayi, the Director, Civil Military Affairs, gave the assurance at a sensitization workshop on human rights held at the 1 Division, Nigerian Army Kaduna.

the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top